cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Gimenez <danie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with JVM? concurrent mode failure
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:47:16 GMT

Thanks Nate!
I tested this parameter before and the result was almost the same. I got an
OutOfMemory error.

Jonathan, I saw that everything is put together in the trunk version since
yesterday.

But in that version I'm trying to connect to Keyspace1 with cassandra-cli
and I'm getting that error:

[default@unknown] connect Danielo.local:9160
line 1:21 no viable alternative at character ':'
line 1:22 missing SLASH at '9160'
Connected to: "Test Cluster" on Danielo.local/9160
[default@unknown] describe Keyspace1
line 1:9 missing K_TABLE at 'Keyspace1'
Keyspace Keyspace1 could not be found.
[default@unknown] show keyspaces
system
definitions

In data directory I don't have the keyspace directory "Keyspace1". I only
can see the two main keyspaces for cassandra 'definitions' and 'system':

Danielo:data danielo$ pwd
/var/lib/cassandra/data
Danielo:data danielo$ ls -lsa
total 0
0 drwxr-xr-x   4 danielo  wheel  136 Apr 29 11:35 .
0 drwxr-xr-x   4 danielo  wheel  136 Apr 26 12:35 ..
0 drwxr-xr-x   2 danielo  wheel   68 Apr 29 11:35 definitions
0 drwxr-xr-x  21 danielo  wheel  714 Apr 29 12:31 system

I saw the new configuration file (cassandra.yaml) and the Keyspace1 is well
defined, following the new instructions above the definition. Do you have
any idea why this keyspace is not created?

Thanks!

Daniel Gimenez.