cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: RE: Very new user needs some troubleshooting pointers
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:19:20 GMT
On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 11:28 -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> The jit on debian may take longer to warm up by default.

Also, the Debian package will pull in OpenJDK by default, but there is
nothing to stop you from using the Sun JVM (which I assume is what's in
use on the other machines). It is even packaged in the non-free section
(sun-java6-jdk). If you do this, you'll have to set JAVA_HOME
(in /etc/default/cassandra) accordingly.

I'm not aware of any issues running under OpenJDK (performance or
otherwise), but if you're attempting to isolate the differences it might
be worth a try (and I'd interested in hearing about it if did).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com