cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memtable size and garbage collection in JVM
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 04:50:41 GMT
A lot of churn is hard on Cassandra because of
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DistributedDeletes, but Cassandra is
so fast that it may make up for that depending on your needs.

It's not designed to eliminate i/o entirely, no.  But if you set
RowsCached=100% in 0.6 you'll get something pretty close to that.
(That is a better approach than huge Memtables.)

-Jonathan