cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: map/reduce question
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:05:17 GMT
0.6 has Hadoop map/reduce support (see contrib/wordcount for an
example) but this is more for analytics (small numbers of large
queries) than live web app style load.

Cassandra also has range queries (get_slice_range) -- performing a
slice across sequential rows, where you don't necessarily know all the
keys in advance -- which is suitable for low latency queries.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Matthew Chambers
<chambers@imageworks.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I've been tasked with researching noSQL databases for use at Imageworks.
 So far I've checked out Couch, HBase, and Cassandra.  One question I have, and I've looked
around for this but couldn't find anything, does Cassandra have integrated map/reduce functionality
or do you access data purely by unique key?