cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce in Cassandra 0.6
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:52:45 GMT
There's an example in contrib/word_count, as mentioned in NEWS.  Basic
hadoop knowledge is assumed. :)

Johan has been making fixes to the 0.6 branch that are not in beta2,
so you will probably want to get that from svn.

I've added to CHANGES in the 0.6 branch too, thanks for the heads up.

-Jonathan

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Scott Delap <sdelap@riotgames.com> wrote:
> I've seen rumblings that 0.6 supports map reduce.  I don't see anything specific about
this in the changelog for beta2.  I looked at the dev and user mailing lists and found some
older stuff about node based data retrieval. I also didn't see anything in JIRA explicitly
about it.  Is there anywhere I can find further information?