cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Goffinet <goffi...@digg.com>
Subject Re: finding Cassandra servers
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:19:28 GMT
At Digg we have automated infrastructure. We use Puppet + our own in-house system that allows
us to query pools of nodes for 'seeds'. Config files like storage-conf.xml are auto generated
on the fly, and we randomly pick a set of seeds.

Seeds can be per datacenter as well. As soon as a machine is decommissioned, it no longer
gets picked as seed.

-Chris