cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Case scenario: Keeping a window of data + online analytics
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:00:07 GMT
Daniel,
     Can you provide more information (an example would be very nice) on
using batch_mutate deletes to build a time-series store in Cassandra?  I
have been reading up on batch_mutate from the Wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/API

It seems to me that since the outer map of mutation_map maps key to the
inner map, it would be removing old data associated with the keys provided.
Is it possible to remove old data based on time stamp for all keys?  Is it
also possible remove old keys if there has been no new data associated with
it?

Bill