cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: finding Cassandra servers
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:43:19 GMT
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 10:05 -0600, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> I can do a patch+ticket for this in the core, making it optional and
> off by default, or do the same for a contrib/ service as you
> suggested.  So I'd appreciate a +1/-1 quick vote on whether this can
> go in the core to save me from rewriting the patch later.

I don't think voting is going to help. Voting doesn't do anything to
develop consensus and it seems pretty clear that no consensus exists
here.

It's entirely possible that you've identified a problem that others
can't see, or haven't yet encountered. I don't see it, but then maybe
I'm just thick.

Either way, if you think this is important, the onus is on you to
demonstrate the merit of your idea and contrib/ or a github project is
one way to do that (the latter has the advantage of not needing to rely
on anyone else).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com