cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Weijun Li <weiju...@gmail.com>
Subject Expire keys/rows in cassandra
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:36:34 GMT
Hello,

Is there any way to expire keys/rows in cassandra based on their
last-modification timestamp (if such timestamp exists)? It will be ideal
place to modify if cassandra has a task/thread that periodically goes
through all keys in a node. GC deletion marker?

Without this kind of expiration-feature how can I go through all keys
periodically to delete expired keys? I think one way is to do sliced range
query then expire keys based on their time stamp. This seems to be doable
but I need to switch to order preserve partitioner.

Thanks,
-Weijun