cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nathan McCall <n...@vervewireless.com>
Subject Re: Help for choice
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:48:56 GMT
I found the following helpful:
http://www.rackspacecloud.com/blog/2009/11/09/nosql-ecosystem/
http://00f.net/2009/an-overview-of-modern-sql-free-databases/comments/507
http://cacm.acm.org/blogs/blog-cacm/50678-the-nosql-discussion-has-nothing-to-do-with-sql/fulltext

There is enough variation in the designs of NoSQL systems that the
only way to really compare them is to take some realistic sample of
your data and how it is accessed and see how each system performs.

I like Cassandra because of it's focus on partition tolerance and
availability in exchange for "eventual consistency" (see
http://camelcase.blogspot.com/2007/08/cap-theorem.html for more on
this concept).

Cheers,
-Nate