cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Heer <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Ingestion Issues
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:59:25 GMT
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> the exception is unrelated, it's from the network layer (and is gone in 0.6)

Thanks.

How is the bulk loader suppose to be setup?  I start Cassandra using a
given storage file with the local IP as the seed and thrift IP.  Then
if i copy that file, and use it to start the StorageService, it cant
bind to the ports since Cassandra is using them.  If i change the IP
to localhost in the StorageService storageconf then it works.  If i
run my program from another box, then it doesn't work at all.  It
gives the follow exception then: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign
requested address: bind