cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Erik Holstad <>
Subject Re: How to retrieve keys from Cassandra ?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:35:46 GMT
Hi Sebastien!
I'm totally new to Cassandra, but as far as I know there is no way of
getting just the keys that are in the
database, they are not stored separately but only with the data itself.

Why do you want a list of keys, what are you going to use them for? Maybe
there is another way of solving
your problem.

What you are describing, getting all the keys/rows for a given column sounds
like you have to fetch all the
data that you have and then filter every key on your column, I don't think
that get_key_range will do that for
you even, says that it takes column_family, but like I said I'm totally new

2010/2/2 S├ębastien Pierre <>

> Hi all,
> I would like to know how to retrieve the list of available keys available
> for a specific column. There is the get_key_range method, but it is only
> available when using the OrderPreservingPartitioner -- I use a
> RandomPartitioner.
> Does this mean that when using a RandomPartitioner, you cannot see which
> keys are available in the database ?
>  -- S├ębastien

Regards Erik

View raw message