cassandra-user mailing list archives

From kevin <kevincastigli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiget_slice failed: unknown result"
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:46:05 GMT
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Drew Schleck <drew.schleck@gmail.com>wrote:

> I haven't used Lazyboy in a while, but I'm pretty sure this is a
> Thrift issue. Are you using the Thrift Python definitions for 0.5rc3?
> Since Thrift is complaining about incorrect ttypes I imagine that's
> the most likely problem.
>
> Yes I am using the latest bindings of cassandra 0.5rc3.
The weird thing is the error does not happen every time, but randomly!

> Also, what Thrift version are you on? I recall there being some change
> in Thrift that broke backwards compatibility with Cassandra, perhaps
> you're using too new of a version?

this is the version i used to generate the python bindings.

./compiler/cpp/thrift -version
Thrift version 20080411-exported

is this too new? can you suggest which version of thrift to use to generate
python bindings?

thanks for the reply!