cassandra-user mailing list archives

From JKnight JKnight <beukni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can fix corrupt file? (Compaction step)
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 04:05:06 GMT
Dear Mr Jonathan,
I've patched code with 720.patch and run SSTableExport and get error:

    at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnSerializer.deserialize(ColumnSerializer.java:84)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnSerializer.deserialize(ColumnSerializer.java:1)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilySerializer.deserializeColumns(ColumnFamilySerializer.java:117)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilySerializer.deserializeFromSSTable(ColumnFamilySerializer.java:160)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.io.IteratingRow.getColumnFamily(IteratingRow.java:79)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.serializeRow(SSTableExport.java:112)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.export(SSTableExport.java:264)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.export(SSTableExport.java:313)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.export(SSTableExport.java:324)
    at org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.main(SSTableExport.java:384)
WARNING: Error deserializing row 2829049 (skipping).
java.io.IOError: java.io.EOFException
    at
org.apache.cassandra.io.SSTableScanner$KeyScanningIterator.next(SSTableScanner.java:158)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.io.SSTableScanner$KeyScanningIterator.next(SSTableScanner.java:1)
    at org.apache.cassandra.io.SSTableScanner.next(SSTableScanner.java:105)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.export(SSTableExport.java:261)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.export(SSTableExport.java:313)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.export(SSTableExport.java:324)
    at org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableExport.main(SSTableExport.java:384)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readUnsignedShort(RandomAccessFile.java:718)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.io.SSTableScanner$KeyScanningIterator.next(SSTableScanner.java:149)
    ... 6 more
WARNING: Corrupt row near 2829049 (skipping).

When row has this error, the next row can not fetch

row = scanner.next(); //error

So I can not get row after error row.

Thanks.

--