cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to lower the number of <CF> has reached it's threshold ?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:31:30 GMT

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableThresholds

> The second question is really direct : do you think it's insane to use EC2
> small instance to build a cassandra cluster. The machine are virtualized
> with 2G memory

If I were going to use EC2 I would try high-cpu medium as well
depending on workload.

I would also look at RCS (rackspace cloud servers) b/c of burstable
cpu and better local disk performance.  (EC2 also has EBS, but maybe
you don't want to rely on network storage on EC2 --
https://www.cloudkick.com/blog/2010/jan/12/visual-ec2-latency/)

-Jonathan