cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "easy" interface to Cassandra
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:22:02 GMT
2010/1/13 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:05:45 +1300 Michael Koziarski <michael@koziarski.com> wrote:
>
>>> I see no value in pushing for ports of a Perl library to other
>>> languages instead of allowing each to grow its own idiomatic one.
>
> MK> That's definitely the way to go, the Easy.pm magic strings look a
> MK> little like line noise to me ( a non-perler )
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  I'll keep EasyCassandra Perl-only.

I think there are 2 separate questions:

(a) Would a path language make sense, and
(b) How would that be exposed

So I think more developers would be opposed to part (b) of exposing
path queries using opaque things like Strings, in languages where
other abstractions can be used.
But it might be that the concept of path-based queries makes sense,
just using more typed building blocks, to make access more natural for
language in question.

Anyway, just my 2c,

-+ Tatu +-