cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Cagatay Kavukcuoglu <cagatay.kavukcuo...@gmail.com>
Subject Fetching a subset of subcolumns in all supercolumns of a key
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:40:48 GMT
I'm trying to get all supercolumns of a key (actually, a range of keys
with get_range_slice) with a subset of the subcolumns they contain.
The subcolumn names are the same across the supercolumns (which
represent different versions in my data model). I'm unable to find a
ColumnParent and SlicePredicate incantation that works; can the Thrift
interface represent this query? I was able to get all subcolumns by
passing empty column names as start and finish in the slice range, but
neither a range of columns with non-empty start and finish names nor
explicit column names in the predicate work. Is the ability to slice
subcolumns missing by design or is this a bug?

I'm running 0.5.0-rc3 on a single node for this test.

CK.