cassandra-user mailing list archives

From ML_Seda <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Data Model Index Text
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:12:48 GMT

Hey,

I've been reading up on the Cassandra data model a bit, and would like to
get some input from this forum on different techniques for a particular
problem.

Assume I need to index millions of text docs (e.g. research papers), and
allow the ability to query them by a given word inside or around any of the
indexed docs.  meaning if i search for terms i would like to get a list of
docs in which these terms show up (e.g. Michael Jordan = Michael is the main
term, and Jordan is next term n1.  The same can be applied by indicating
previous terms to Michael)

How do I model this in Cassandra?

Would my Keys be a concat of the middle term + docid?  Will I be able to do
queries by wildcarding the docid?

Thanks.