cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Edmond Lau <edm...@ooyala.com>
Subject cassandra mangling non-ascii keys
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:43:08 GMT
I'm using non-ascii keys on Cassandra, relatively close to trunk at
r880926, and my some of my keys get mangled.

As a simple test case, if I insert a one-byte key anywhere between
\200 and \377 (octal for 128 to 255) through the thrift interface, and
then query back my data with multi get, I get a hash back that has
"\357\277\275" as the key.  All those one-byte keys get mapped to the
same bucket, so if I insert with the key \205, I get the data back
when querying for \300.  So either a) there's a bug in thrift, b)
Cassandra doesn't support non-ascii keys, or c) Cassandra is mangling
my key somewhere.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Edmond