cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brian Burruss <>
Subject Re: How know node is fully up?
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 04:16:42 GMT
I never heard from anyone about this.  I think it is important for bringing nodes out of service
during upgrades so no data loss occurs.  Also when introducing a new node you need to know
when it is fully populated.

Brian Burruss <> wrote:

How can i tell that a node is completely up and taking reads and writes?

- at startup?
- after new bootstrap?
- after a node has been unavailable for some time and rejoins the cluster?

i see the "INFO [main] [] Cassandra starting up..." message in the
log, but it seems to have happened way too fast after i simulated a crash.

using tpstats i don't see any ROW-READ-STAGE completed, but lots of ROW-MUTATION-STAGE completed
which seems to be correct for a node that is still sync'ing with the cluster after being unavailable.

.. but how do i know ;)

View raw message