cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sunil Khedar <su...@truesparrow.com>
Subject Re: How to check if nodes are added in ring or not?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:04:37 GMT
Hey Ramzi,

Another related concern is regarding "ListenAddress". In order to allow
multiple DCs, I have to use the Public IP address of each instance.

1) But when I try to use the Public IP of instance, I get the error below.
But I am able to ping nodes using Public IP address (machines are accessible
using Public IP in same DC). Can you please let me know how to configure it?
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
        at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.MessagingService.listen(MessagingService.java:196)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(StorageService.java:273)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.start(CassandraServer.java:70)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:94)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:166)

2) When I using External URL (associate with the external IP address).
Cassandra associate the 7000 and 7001 ports with the private IP address of
that instance.

The best optimal solution is it should use the Private (internal) IP address
for same DC nodes and Public IP address for nodes in other DCs, so that
network latency can be minimized.

Please suggest how it can be achieved?

--
Thanks,