cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Timo Nentwig <timo.nent...@wooga.net>
Subject Very simple benchmark - are this typical numbers?
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:38:08 GMT
Hi!

I just downloaded, installed, start cassandra and ran very simple "benchmark": write n times
something with key==value==testInsertAndGetAndRemove_n (one thread).

For n==10 million on a 7200rpm HDD (4G RAM - there should have be "reasonably" free mem however
I didn't check) this took 40min (insert()ing one after another). Reading them one by one in
sequence delivers about 100/s, reading in 1.000er batches (i.e. multigetColumn()) takes 5-10s
(depending on n, the higher the slower).

Are this typical numbers for cassandra (0.5)? I actually took the configuration as it was.