cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nick Lothian <nloth...@educationau.edu.au>
Subject RE: Is Cassandra suitable for multi criteria search engine
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:20:45 GMT
Solr will handle 3 million items quite well (you'll need to be careful, but there are a very
large number of installations around with that kind of size index).

I don't think I'd recommend doing Lucene on Cassandra for that scale (it's a less mature solution,
and there aren't a lot of people working on it yet).

If you are interested in working on it, though, I did modify Jake's Lucanrda index to make
it suitable for running Solr on: http://nicklothian.com/blog/2009/10/27/solr-cassandra-solandra/

Nick

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose
its contents to any other party. This email represents the views of the individual sender,
which do not necessarily reflect those of Education.au except where the sender expressly states
otherwise. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it
for viruses or any other defects. education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage
or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.