cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bill Hastings <bllhasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra vs HBase
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 02:41:19 GMT
We are seriously evaluating both Cassandra and HBase in our organization. We
are very pleased with the performance and ease of use of Cassandra and will
start the same exercise with HBase soon. However some people in the
organization feel that HBase has a larger comunity adoption. I understand
that Cassandra has been deployed within Facebook and is also at Digg and
Rackspace. I also went through the survey that Jonathan had conducted a few
weeks back.

I am interested in hearing from those of you if there are any who have
ditched HBase for Cassandra. If so why? Also, perhaps this is not a question
for this list, is HBase used for real timish applications and if so any
ideas what the largest deployment is. It would help me in swaying the folks
towards Cassandra. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bill