cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Persistently increasing read latency
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:57:44 GMT
hmm.
doesn't that leave the trunk in a bad position in terms of new development?
you may go through times when a major feature lands and trunk is broken/buggy.
or are you planning on building new features on a branch and then merging into trunk when
it's stable?

On Dec 3, 2009, at 5:32 AM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> We are using trunk.  0.5 beta / trunk is better than 0.4 at the 0.4
> functionality and IMO is production ready (although you should always
> test first), but I would not yet rely on the new stuff (bootstrap,
> loadbalance, and moving nodes around in general).
>
> -Jonathan
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Adam Fisk <a@littleshoot.org> wrote:
>> Helpful thread guys. In general, Jonathan, would you recommend
>> building from trunk for new deployments at our current snapshot in
>> time? Are you using trunk at Rackspace?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Adam

ROW-READ-STAGE and RESPONSE-STAGE are all  less than 10.  MINOR-COMPACTION-POOL reports 1218
pending tasks.

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net