cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Sharma <rak...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring Cassandra
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:21:36 GMT
Hey All,

I am new to Cassandra. Please pardon me for any stupid question :). Before I
deploy it my development environment, I have few queries:

a) Multiple DCs: Can I control that each key should store in each and every
data center? If it is possible, an example configuration will be helpful.

b) Apart from nodeprobe and Jconsole is there any other node management
tool?

c) How can we recover the corrupt data?

d) Can I control where a node will be added in the ring? How is it decided?
Primarily, I want to understand how the hot-spots can be handled?

e) How a node data backup should be taken such that reads and writes at that
time are not effected (read or write locks)? Any tool/utility that can be
used?

f) Can I take backups from each node and merge them on a single node? Or
it's not at all required?

Thank you,
Rakesh