cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Coe, Robin" <robin....@bluecoat.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Cassandra
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:52:39 GMT
I'm curious as to how Cassandra evaluates DC boundaries.  Is there
anything config-oriented other than setting rack-aware?

Thanks,
Robin.

From: Sunil Khedar [mailto:sunil@truesparrow.com]
Sent: December 9, 2009 9:11 AM
To: cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring Cassandra

And while adding 2nd DC we have to make sure that, nodes along the ring
should alternate data centers to avoid hot spots. As you explained in
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations

And that can be a tricky. Correct?

Thanks,
Sunil

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com>
wrote:

It should work, but because of the way RAS works you need to have
equal nodes in DCs for it to be balanced.  so, when you do decide to
add the 2nd DC, you should add as many nodes as you have in the first.