cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <mail.list.steel.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple DataFileDirectorie and disk failure
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:37:11 GMT
HI,folks:

It’s seems cassandra can use multiple DataFileDirectory:

…..

  <DataFileDirectories>

      <DataFileDirectory>C:\Data1</DataFileDirectory>

      <DataFileDirectory>C:\Data2</DataFileDirectory>

      <DataFileDirectory>C:\Data3</DataFileDirectory>

         ……

  </DataFileDirectories>

…..

>From code I found cassandra will create a directory for each table (keyspace), now I have
a node which have 12 disk, and I plan to mount each disk

onto each directory:

C:\Data1\key_space1

C:\Data1\key_space2

C:\Data1\key_space3

C:\Data2\key_space1

C:\Data2\key_space2

C:\Data2\key_space3

C:\Data3\key_space1

C:\Data3\key_space2

C:\Data3\key_space3

the questions are:

1.       How does SStables of one key-space distribute among multiple data directory?(what
distribute policy?)

2.       What fault-tolerant policy does cassandra utilize to against disk failure?

3.       If one disk down, What impact does one key-space have on reading and writing?(does
whole key-space become unavailable?)

Thanks very much!!