cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Santal Li <santal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Cassandra client connecting to a pool of servers?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 05:21:20 GMT
We are using DNS name to access Cassandra pool. such as:

cassandra.mydomain.com, it point to the server list of Cassandra Node , when
client query the DNS name, it will result a random IP in the list to client.
if some node was down, the DNS server can automatic remove it's IP from IP
list.
There was many Opensource or Hardware LB and work like this.

Thanks
-Santal