cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incr/Decr Counters in Cassandra
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:54:50 GMT
This has come up before at http://markmail.org/thread/w3mrh4h64xpf3vuj
and http://markmail.org/message/vnmsuddlrhaziq7g
I am in favor of adding eventually-consistent atomic operations such
as this, but I'm not sure how one would implement it.  Some sort of
UUID + bloomfilter for the individual atomic operations?  I tend to
think "retrieve and increment" as requested by Jon is at odds with
eventual consistency, but maybe I'm wrong.

Michael