cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Adam Fisk...@littleshoot.org>
Subject cassandra over hbase
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:50:22 GMT
I'm trying to navigate the rapidly shifting tides in NoSQL land, and
I'm particularly struggling with using Cassandra versus HBase. They
functionally seem quite similar to me even if the implementations are
quite different.

What would people on the list say are the primary reasons to use
Cassandra over HBase? HA and speed are very important for my
application. HBase's tighter integration with Hadoop and therefore
easier reporting and analytics using M/R appeals to me, but I
intuitively prefer the Cassandra community and generally like the
architectural approach. HBase's Hadoop foundations also strike me as
both an advantage and a disadvantage, as it seems to tie their hands a
bit.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

-Adam

--