cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jon Graham <sjclou...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra data distribution and configuration settings
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:08:56 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I am running a 10 node Cassandra cluster using a recent cassandra trunk.

After inserting a million data records using  keys of 128 character lower
case hex digits and
1024 data values, I noticed that most all of the is accumulated on only 3
nodes.

I am using the OrderPreservingPartitioner setting in the storage-conf.xml
file.

What do I need to take to get a balanced data distribution?

Is there a way to limit the size of an individual database file?

Is there additonal Cassandra configuration documentation outside
of the storage-conf.xml file?

Thanks for your help,
Jon