cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Erich Nachbar <er...@nachbar.biz>
Subject Re: Cassandra users survey
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:48:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Cassandra 0.4.2 at my current client to persist URL graphs
for Spam detection.
The crawling and page classification is done in Hadoop/Bixo/Cascading,
which persists URL classification results into Cassandra.
The incoming production traffic is using Cassandra for the real-time
spam score lookup to determine the spammyness of a URL.

It started out as a prototype and is currently in production with 4
Cassandra nodes (for the last >3 weeks).
Sometimes Cassandra is a little rough on the edges, but in general it works.

Wishes:
- data rebalancing
- proper MapReduce support (ideally supporting the same API HBase
uses, so one could use the same eco-system)
- node decommissioning