cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ramzi Rabah <rra...@playdom.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra backup and restore procedures
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:05:10 GMT
oh interesting, it uses IP for hinted hand off? which brings up
another interesting question, if the node that went down never came up
again, how long will the hinted handoff keep going? Indefinitely?

On the first topic of backup/restore, you suggested copying the
sstable files over from the 2 neighboring nodes. But what if the file
names that you copy over from the nodes are identical. Will that cause
a problem? Can we rename the sstable file names when we copy them
over?