cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra users survey
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 00:02:53 GMT
SimpleGeo is using Cassandra as the backend of our real-time location
infrastructure. We needed something that was distributed, could scale,
could handle lots of writes, etc.

We looked into all the usual suspects, but went with Cassandra because
it was written in Java (we have two guys who know Java internally), it
was small enough that we could become heavily involved early on, I
personally knew a few of the committers, and it's multi-master.

The only thing I think would be super interesting would be increment/
decrement.

--Joe