cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Curt Micol <asen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Experiencing Errors
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:45:09 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:28 AM, raymond cayanan <anargeek77@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this one Curt.  I did all of them but
>
> somehow gems is really killing me
>
> here is an output
>
> root@raymond-desktop:~/src# gem list
>
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>
> actionmailer (2.3.4, 2.3.3)
> actionpack (2.3.4, 2.3.3)
> activerecord (2.3.4, 2.3.3)
> activeresource (2.3.4, 2.3.3)
> activesupport (2.3.4, 2.3.3)
> cassandra (0.5.6.2)
> json (1.1.9)
> rack (1.0.1, 1.0.0)
> rake (0.8.7)
> rubygems-update (1.3.5)
> thrift (0.0.810255.1)
> root@raymond-desktop:~/src# cassandra_helper cassandra
> bash: cassandra_helper: command not found
> root@raymond-desktop:~/src#
>
> I bet it is installed properly like what you've said.

Ok, but we are missing one thing here. The gem is installed, and
should work (at least from the output). 'cassandra_helper' is just
that, a helper that points to the Rakefile.  So ignore it, and follow
those steps I posted for grabbing your own copy, start up Cassandra
and start using the gem like normal.

Basically at this point, see if things work without worrying about
'cassandra_helper'. As it is pretty much a wrapper script for those
steps.

--
# Curt Micol