cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: bandwidth limiting Cassandra's replication and access control
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:25:38 GMT
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:53:58 -0600 Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

JE> 2009/11/10 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
>> I also would really like a way to limit access to the Thrift interface
>> with at least some rudimentary username/password combination.  I don't
>> see a way to do that currently.

JE> Yeah, lots of people want that, somebody should code it up. :)

(BTW, I use Eclipse for Java development, is there a way to run the Ant
tasks automatically to rebuild the generated source if necessary?  It
works fine otherwise.)

I see all the methods implementing the server interface in
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.  Is that where the
authentication should happen?  Should I use JAAS (LDAP+PAM+other
backends) or is there something else preferred?

Does libThrift allow persistent state per client somehow or do I have to
implement my own security tokens?  I don't see a way to track the client
in any of the Cassandra services currently so I suspect libThrift is
stateless on its own.

Thanks
Ted