cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher McKenzie" <>
Subject RE: Can someone provide a PHP sample for super column?
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:34:14 GMT
Sure.  But let me encourage you to think about your application.  Most ones I have ran into
don't need supercolumns.

First you need to specify the column to be of the type super in the storage-conf.xml file.

There are a few examples of that.

Then when you use the api to construct things called the column paths, you just need to assign
your supercolumn value.

It's actually rather straight forward with a decent grasp of the data model.  The two most
helpful things you can do in php is to print_r the return values and look at the thrift file...
 can you describe your application?

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Fri 11/13/2009 10:21 PM
Subject: Can someone provide a PHP sample for super column?

Newbie to Cassandra, and don't know Java/Ruby/Python too much (can read Java a little), so
PHP is my only solution for web.

Can someone show me how to write super column in PHP? I searched
but seems all PHP samples are for Column, and super column samples are
all in Java/Ruby/Python, and I don't know how to map them to PHP APIs.

View raw message