cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Mischo <jmis...@quagility.com>
Subject Re: Incr/Decr Counters in Cassandra
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:49:19 GMT
Hey Chris,

I've been thinking along the same lines.  I've got multiple
applications for counters where they'd be a lot faster as a single
operation than as a fetch and update chain.  If you implement it, the
key is to have the ability to not just outright increment or
decrement, but also be able to have ops for "retrieve and increment"
and "retrieve and decrement".

-Jon