cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject java API?
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:51:29 GMT
Hey-

I'm completely new to Cassandra and I think the wiki and documentation are really well done.
Now I'm trying to construct an application to upload data to upload data to my cluster, but
I'm having a tough time figuring out the Java API. The client example on the website is a
good start, but for some reason the classes Client, ColumnPath, and SlicePredicate are throwing
me errors.  I have Cassandra 0.4.2 and I'm developing the application in eclipse on a different
machine. I have the thrift library as well as all the Cassandra classes included in the folder
/build/classes/org/apache/Cassandra in my build path.

Is the code out of date or am I? Is there a .jar file that I can install to put in my build
path? Are there any more examples of ways to build applications in Java for Cassandra? Thank
you very much for your time and help!

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and
may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.