cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Freeman, Tim" <tim.free...@hp.com>
Subject Java Cassandra client connecting to a pool of servers?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:53:29 GMT
I'd like to be able to say that a cluster of Cassandra servers keeps working even if one of
the nodes goes down.  This would require the clients to connect to a different node if the
one that it's using goes down.  Is there code on the client side to do this already?

There's a "Cassandra.Client object pool" mentioned at the bottom of http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientExamples,
but I can't immediately tell if that's alluding to something that exists in the source that
I haven't found yet, or perhaps it's something that doesn't exist that the client would have
to build.

Tim Freeman
Email: tim.freeman@hp.com
Desk in Palo Alto: (650) 857-2581
Home: (408) 774-1298
Cell: (408) 348-7536 (No reception business hours Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; call my desk
instead.)