cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Richard Grossman <>
Subject Re: Cassandra users survey
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:07:41 GMT
Hello, I'm working at We build actually a large application related
to smart TV and movies recommendations.
We've developed an application wich was only based on Oracle + Java server
side but it was not enough scalable solution. Of course Oracle have
capabilities to scale but you need to pay a very heavy price.

Cassandra 0.4.2 is actually the base of the new recommendation engine we
index each day all the TV shows in every states + all the new VOD sources
like hulu, itunes amazon etc... It's make a lot of data. We expect a very
high level of request we hope that cassandra will match these requirements.

It'll really help if we could develop a data manager. Some tools that can
help to see what are in DB make simple query something like PgAdmin or mySql

Add delete with range keys.

View raw message