cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Richard grossman <richie...@gmail.com>
Subject Help regarding Model
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:10:57 GMT
Hi,

The structure i need to store is something like Id1,Id2,Float
like 1,2,0.5
       1,56,0.43

At my first try I've thinking to used the Id2 value as column name to store
the id2 and the column value for the float.

At my second test I've build a java Map<Integer,Float> for each value
serialized the map and send it to cassandra like

key = 1, columnName = value, ColumnValue = Serialized object map

I was very surprised to see the second solution get faster result than first
even including the deserialization time.

Is there something strange in this test or is it a good way to store list of
data for 1 key as serialized object

Thanks

Richard