cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: admin console ?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:20:04 GMT

There is the SUN JMX "HtmlAdaptor" that you can add to the mix; it exposes a minimal HTML
console via HTTP.  It used to be packed with the SUN JMX RI, and then I think it ended up
in the OpenDMK (http://bit.ly/hqLf0).  In any case, they're packaged under Apache-incompatible
terms (GPL2/CDDL), so it's an aftermarket only add-on.

-- Paul

On Nov 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Igor Katkov wrote:

> I suppose it will Cassandra tailored solution, have you ever stumbled upon something
decent but general purpose JMX text JMX client?

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Greene is working on something web-based:
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Igor Katkov <ikatkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As a side question, Is there a console-based (TTY) JConsole alternative?
> > Perhaps a web GUI proxy?
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Cassandra takes advantage of the JMX standard to expose its internals.
> >>  You can access these via JConsole and lots of other tools.
> >>
> >> We've also wrapped some of the most common in bin/nodeprobe.
> >>
> >> For thrift queries there is bin/cassandra-cli and a web tool in
> >> contrib/cassandra_browser.

Paul Brown
paulrbrown@gmail.com