cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are columns of a supercolumn name sorted?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:35:58 GMT
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:25 AM, kevin <kevincastiglione@gmail.com> wrote:
> correct me if i am wrong, but i can get only the count [100 default or more]
> number of subcolumns right?

if you are slicing supercolumns, you always get all the subcolumns of each

if you are slicing subcolumns, then yes, but reversed will apply

> if i have a large number of subcolumns then it would be better to do on the
> server right?

no, the point is that the server actually has to change the ordering
of the results since thrift is batch-oriented, but the client can just
say "for foo in reversed(results)" and you don't have to mutate or
re-order anything.

-Jonathan