cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ramzi Rabah <rra...@playdom.com>
Subject Encountering timeout exception when running get_key_range
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:51:59 GMT
Hello all,

I am running into problems with get_key_range. I have
OrderPreservingPartitioner defined in storage-conf.xml and I am using
a columnfamily that looks like
     <ColumnFamily CompareWith="BytesType"
                   Name="DatastoreDeletionSchedule"
                   />

My command is client.get_key_range("Keyspace1", "DatastoreDeletionSchedule",
                    "", "", 25, ConsistencyLevel.ONE);

It usually works fine but after a day or so from server writes into
this column family, I started getting
ERROR [pool-1-thread-36] 2009-10-19 17:24:28,223 Cassandra.java (line
770) Internal error processing get_key_range
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException:
Operation timed out.
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.getKeyRange(StorageProxy.java:560)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.get_key_range(CassandraServer.java:595)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor$get_key_range.process(Cassandra.java:766)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:609)
        at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:253)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.
        at org.apache.cassandra.net.AsyncResult.get(AsyncResult.java:97)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.getKeyRange(StorageProxy.java:556)
        ... 7 more

I still get the timeout exceptions even though the servers have been
idle for 2 days. When I restart the cassandra servers, it seems to
work fine again. Any ideas what could be wrong?

By the way, I am using version:apache-cassandra-incubating-0.4.0-rc2
Not sure if this is fixed in the 0.4.1 version

Thanks
Ray