cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Musto Domenico" <Domenico.Mu...@yoox.com>
Subject Multi data-center configuration
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:19:43 GMT
Hi there,

we are experiencing a problem with a multidatacenter configuration.

We have the following scenario :

We have two data-centers with 3 nodes each.

We have configured seeds like this on each datacenter.

<Seeds>

      <Seed>ip1_datacenter_A</Seed>

      <Seed>ip2_datacenter_A </Seed>

      <Seed>ip3_datacenter_A </Seed>

      <Seed>ip1_datacenter_B </Seed>

  </Seeds>

We tried both RackAwareStrategy and RackUnAwareStrategy but it seems
that the two data-centers are not communicating at all between them.

Also, with  version 4.1 and RackAwareStrategy we are getting an error :
UnsupportedOperationException: Rack-aware bootstrapping not supported

With trunk version we are not getting the error but there is no
communication at all between datacenters.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Domenico Musto

Software Factory Developer

YOOX Group

Via Nannetti 1, 40069 Zola Predosa, Bologna, Italia

T  +39 051 6184240

F  +39 051 6184215

domenico.musto@yoox.com

NOTICE: The information contained in this message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail and destroy this communication. Thank you.