cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brink <jqwo...@163.com>
Subject How to store tree structure in Cassandra
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 04:58:52 GMT
Hi All,

For a DMS, I want to replace MySQL with Cassandra to store file/folder nodes. Current I use
adjacency list model to stores nodes hierarchy. The shortage of the adjacency list model is
the expensive traversal cost. While I want to navigate the entire workspace or folder in hierarchy,
I have to execute multiple queries (for each sub folder). In addition, special care must be
taken when deleting nodes because of the potential for orphaning an entire sub-tree in the
process (delete a folder and all of its children may be orphaned). How to design to store
files/folders'node as tree structure in Cassandra?

Thanks,
-Brink