cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Igor Katkov <ikat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage proxy write latency is too high
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:14:55 GMT
I think I finally found what. It's implementation of Java NIOon Windows (JVM
1.6.0.16, 64b on Windows 2003)
The very same code, same network but CentOS linux gives almost 4x
performance. (in Cassandra@linux -> Cassandra@Windows setup)
I don't have another linux box to test (Cassandra@linux -> Cassandra@linux)
performance, but expect it to be even better.

A lesson learnt: don't use windows.

P.S.
Here at Viigo we also learnt the hard way that  async IO is also broken in
.NET (C#). Now I start to wonder if there is some fundamental flaw in async
IO on windows...