What I want to do is to use a column as a place for keeping state between different clients.

I would register callbacks for a column, so when there is any other guy changing the data I can get notified. That way I don't need to do continuous polling.

Is there any functionality right now that I could use to implement this?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Michael Greene <michael.greene@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you describe explicitly what you'd want to see from callouts/triggers?  One of the reasons I advocated for removal is that no one had a need for it or was working on it in the open source project.  What's your scenario?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 02:17 -0700, Hector Yuen wrote:
> I am just starting to use Cassandra, and I was wondering if it is
> possible
> to use triggers/ callbacks on columns so that they get notified when
> there
> is a change.
> Is there such functionality?

No, there isn't. Someone was working on this at some point, but it
wasn't going anywhere so it got removed

Eric Evans